Adrian Larkin on the BBC Proms Music Walk
The BBC Proms is celebrating 100 years since the birth of American composer John Cage. Ten sites have been handpicked in London and, composers including Judith Weir and Joe Cutler, have been commissioned to make music inspired by those locations. Walkers download the songs and listen to the pieces on MP3 players as they visit local landmarks, which include Exhibition Road, Prince’s Gardens, the V&A and the Serpentine Gallery Pavilion. Listen to Adrian Larkin's experience.
Available since: Thu 16 Aug 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07