The First Time With - Graham Coxon
Matt Everitt continues a new series of the First Time by talking to Blur guitarist and solo artist Graham Coxon.
Graham chats about meeting Damon, Alex and Dave for the first time and the incredibly chaotic early days of Blur before There's No Other Way made them into popstars.
He chats about his difficulties dealing with the tabloid attention and fame that followed the success of Parklife and his own battles overcoming alcohol addiction. He also talks frankly about his clearly painful exit from Blur and his happy reunion with the band.
His fascinating solo career also gets covered, as his music evolves from low-fi garage rock, to jagged punk and from pastoral acoustic folk to upbeat indie pop hit singles.
It's a revealing and honest look at the musical life of Blur's experimental heart and - in the words of Noel Gallagher - "The greatest guitarist of his generation".
Available since: Sun 12 Aug 2012
- Graham Coxon
Watch and listen to the very best music moments brought to you from BBC 6 Music.
More clips from Graham Coxon
More clips from The First Time With...
- Exclusive preview: Josh Homme talks about one of his biggest influences, Iggy Pop Duration: 01:57 Josh Homme
- First Time with Kim Gordon Duration: 03:43 Series 6, Kim Gordon
- The First Time With...Roy Harper (Excerpt) Duration: 04:47 Series 6, Roy Harper
- Pete Townshend on Keith Moon Duration: 01:16 Series 4, Pete Townshend
- Pete Townshend on Henry Purcell Duration: 02:54 Series 4, Pete Townshend