In Inner Mongolia, Justin Rowlatt gets stuck in a massive jam of coal trucks.
On his journey out to Inner Mongolia, presenter Justin Rowlatt gets stuck in a massive traffic jam of coal trucks.
China is the biggest producer and importer of coal, from which it gets around 70% of its electricity. This is one of the country’s major coal arteries, linking the vast Inner Mongolian coal seam with the industrial cities to the east.
Available since: Thu 9 Aug 2012
- Justin Rowlatt
This clip is from
Anita Rani and Justin Rowlatt's epic road trips explore how cars are transforming China.
More clips from China on Four Wheels
- Anita Rani is dared to try raw sea cucumber Duration: 04:20 Episode 2
- Justin Rowlatt drives up the Aizhai Highway, one of the most dangerous roads in China Duration: 01:32 Episode 2
- Anita Rani meets members of the China Supercar Club in Beijing Duration: 02:41 Episode 1
- Justin Rowlatt puts his bread van through its paces on a race track Duration: 01:44 Episode 1
- Anita Rani joins a young couple on their wedding day in Hangzhou Duration: 04:24