Read about the challenge of getting Justin's bread van on the road, on the BBC TV blog.
- Anita Rani is dared to try raw sea cucumber Duration: 04:20 Episode 2
- Justin Rowlatt drives up the Aizhai Highway, one of the most dangerous roads in China Duration: 01:32 Episode 2
- Anita Rani meets members of the China Supercar Club in Beijing Duration: 02:41 Episode 1
- Justin Rowlatt puts his bread van through its paces on a race track Duration: 01:44 Episode 1
- Anita Rani joins a young couple on their wedding day in Hangzhou Duration: 04:24
- In Inner Mongolia, Justin Rowlatt gets stuck in a massive jam of coal trucks. Duration: 01:55
'What was really striking was the complete absence of cars'Justin visited a Chinese village where residents live in caves and a donkey provides the only means of transport.
Read Justin's account of life in Laoniuwan
'I wasn’t expecting this in Communist China'
'It was the first time I’d ever met someone who couldn’t remember how many cars they had – let alone how many super cars'
'China in 10 years could be the biggest economy in the world'Justin and Anita were wowed by the six lane highways being built across booming China - but not so impressed by drivers' lane discipline.
Watch their interview with Breakfast's Simon McCoy and Louise Minchin