Jenni Murray speaks to the late, much-loved author at her Dublin home in an interview from 2009.
The writer of many page-turners including Circle of Friends and Tara Road, Maeve topped bestseller lists for more than 30 years. She shared her warm and witty thoughts on her relationship with her readers, creating believable heroines and why moderation has never been her style.
Available since: Tue 31 Jul 2012
Inspirational women from around the globe.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Paula McGuire: A Superhero Transformation Duration: 06:23 Listener Week: Porn, 50:50 Childcare
- Helen Brook Duration: 08:23 Pussy Riot; Brook at 50; Child Migrants
- Woman's Hour Cooker for CIN - Feeling hot hot hot Duration: 04:33 Sophia Loren on her fairy tale life
- Sir Keir Starmer on Changing the Culture Around Cases of Historical Abuse Duration: 12:27 Joan of Arc; Keir Starmer; Heroism; PUAs
- Tribute to the Woman's Hour cooker for Children in Need Duration: 05:45 Children in Need Auction