Jenni Murray speaks to the late, much-loved author at her Dublin home in an interview from 2009.
The writer of many page-turners including Circle of Friends and Tara Road, Maeve topped bestseller lists for more than 30 years. She shared her warm and witty thoughts on her relationship with her readers, creating believable heroines and why moderation has never been her style.
Available since: Tue 31 Jul 2012
Inspirational women from around the globe.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Dame Vivienne Westwood: I don't wear knickers Duration: 01:16 Dame Vivienne Westwood; Nicola Sturgeon
- The Economic and Relationship Impact Duration: 09:03 Lynda Bellingham; Could the CPS do more to prosecute historic sexual assault?
- Chore Wars in Non-Traditional Households Duration: 08:29 Jane Horrocks
- The Generational Divide - how have things changed and are we better off now? Duration: 11:33 Jane Horrocks
- Tim Samuels attempts to clean Jane's house as we ask: do men and women approach chores differently? Duration: 06:42 Jo Swinson; Childcare and chores; Afghan girls living as boys