Jenni Murray speaks to the late, much-loved author at her Dublin home in an interview from 2009.
The writer of many page-turners including Circle of Friends and Tara Road, Maeve topped bestseller lists for more than 30 years. She shared her warm and witty thoughts on her relationship with her readers, creating believable heroines and why moderation has never been her style.
Available since: Tue 31 Jul 2012
Inspirational women from around the globe.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- "stop doing the hoovering and the ironing?" - inequality and mental health Duration: 00:40 Jan Hall; Bollywood Carmen; cot death advice
- "Nobody ever gets tired of looking at the earth from space." Duration: 00:59 Jan Hall; Bollywood Carmen; cot death advice
- Jan Hall on her mother's battle with dementia Duration: 01:46 Jan Hall; Bollywood Carmen; cot death advice
- 'One of them will force you to take sides' Duration: 00:53 The dangers of being a 'cool parent'; Sexual assaults in the US military
- Sheila Dillon Why changing your diet could help you to fight cancer? Duration: 02:08 Sheila Dillon; British women and Islam; fatherhood; female composers