Jenni Murray speaks to the late, much-loved author at her Dublin home in an interview from 2009.
The writer of many page-turners including Circle of Friends and Tara Road, Maeve topped bestseller lists for more than 30 years. She shared her warm and witty thoughts on her relationship with her readers, creating believable heroines and why moderation has never been her style.
Available since: Tue 31 Jul 2012
Inspirational women from around the globe.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- "Everyone felt they wanted Beth to get her revenge!" Duration: 01:40 Anne Archer; Nicci French; Women's minister
- Sue Townsend, who's died aged 68 Duration: 00:43 Racial diversity in children's books; 40 years of free contraception; UK's first female photographer; Fresh versus tinned
- Theresa May on Baroness Doreen Lawrence Duration: 01:06 Woman's Hour Power List 2014 Game Changers - Top Ten revealed
- Caitlin Moran's reaction to the Power List Duration: 00:48 Woman's Hour Power List 2014 Game Changers - Top Ten revealed
- What has Maria Miller done for women? Duration: 01:41 Claire Goose; Dalits; Maria Miller