The TARDIS, or Time and Relative Dimension in Space, is the Doctor's vehicle and home that can take him to any place and any time.
|Fact title||Fact data|
|Also known as:||Old girl / Dear old thing|
|Random ‘Yes!’ Moment:||Materialising at Amy’s wedding reception.|
|Fact!||The emblem on the TARDIS door is the St. John Ambulance Foundation logo.|
|First Appearance:||An Unearthly Child|
|Most Recent Appearance:||The Angels Take Manhattan|
When the Doctor first touched the TARDIS console he said it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever known. And then he stole it, choosing to crash through the cosmos, saving people, saving planets and being taken where he needed to go by his frankly magnificent time machine.
All of my sisters are deadThe TARDIS
In The Doctor's Wife the living consciousness of the TARDIS was locked in a human body meaning the Doctor could finally converse with the 'old girl'. The TARDIS claimed she had chosen him on Gallifrey. The TARDIS had needed a Time Lord to see the world and chose the Doctor because he was 'the only one mad enough'. They make the best team in the universe. Ever.
- Step Back in Time: TARDIS Cliff-hanger Duration: 01:11 DW - website content
- Matt Smith and Karen Gillan discuss their Dream TARDIS Duration: 00:57 DW - website content
- Step Back in Time: John Cleese and the TARDIS as a work of Art! Duration: 00:45 DW - website content
- TARDIS Console GFX Duration: 00:05 Doctor Who, Series 5
- Practical Effects Duration: 01:57 DW - website content
- Welcome to the TARDIS Duration: 01:21 Doctor Who, Series 6, The Doctor's Wife
By following a Time Lord distress signal, the Doctor endangers Amy, Rory and the TARDIS. .