Children of sperm and egg donors
Children conceived with donated sperm or eggs after 2005 will be able to trace their biological parents once they reach the age of 18. But what if they have never even been told that one parent was a donor? Jenni asks Anthony Douglas, Chief Executive of CAFCASS, and Dr Evan Harris, Liberal Democrat MP, whether parents should be obligated to disclose their child’s origins.
Available since: Fri 27 Jul 2012
This clip is from
Artist Maggi Hambling on a new exhibition of her work. Plus, fashion for older women.
First broadcast: 24 Mar 2010
More clips from Maggi Hambling; Children of sperm and egg doners
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Erica Jong Duration: 05:57
- Cook the Perfect...Black Forest Gateau Duration: 06:50 Alicia Markova; Thokozile Masipa; Erica Jong; Women's erotic writing
- Ursula Le Guin Duration: 10:33 Ursula Le Guin
- Men Who Sell Sex Duration: 12:15 Claire Goose; Dalits; Maria Miller
- Prostitution Laws – An International Perspective Duration: 11:25 Michelle Collins; Sheila Jeffreys on prostitution; Grand National