Matt Everitt's mastery of the bass revealed
Last week Shaun Keaveny’s music news hound (and former Brit Pop drummer) Matt Everitt declared that he could play any U2 bass line as good as Adam Clayton.
In fact Matt affectionately called Adam Clayton a “chancer”.
And so this Tuesday Shaun put Matt to the test and got him to play the bass along with U2 track New Year’s Day. Think Les Dawson, on the bass instead of the piano, and you get the idea!
It just so happened that Level 42 bass wizard Mark King was listening to the 6 Music Breakfast show and offered up his services to teach Matt how to play the bass, and so he joined Shaun and the team in the studio this morning. The resulting rock school tutorial (with the nicest man in pop) was hilarious and saw Matt apparently quickly learning to play the slap bass. This video proves it was indeed all Mark!
Available since: Thu 12 Jul 2012
The very best of the week's audio and video clips from BBC Radio 6 Music.
More clips from Shaun Keaveny
- Lammo and Shaun discuss how to get into Radio Duration: 01:35 Legends Week continues with Steve Lamacq
- Shaun and Gideon on a Bike - Part 2 Duration: 02:37 Shaun is live from Leeds as 6 Music Celebrates Cycling
- Shaun and Gideon take a trip around Regents Park on a tandem Duration: 02:32 6 Music Celebrates Cycling
- Milton Jones talks to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 08:22 New Feature: Enter Handyman
- Jimmy Page talks to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 16:04 With Jimmy Page