Matt Everitt's mastery of the bass revealed
Last week Shaun Keaveny’s music news hound (and former Brit Pop drummer) Matt Everitt declared that he could play any U2 bass line as good as Adam Clayton.
In fact Matt affectionately called Adam Clayton a “chancer”.
And so this Tuesday Shaun put Matt to the test and got him to play the bass along with U2 track New Year’s Day. Think Les Dawson, on the bass instead of the piano, and you get the idea!
It just so happened that Level 42 bass wizard Mark King was listening to the 6 Music Breakfast show and offered up his services to teach Matt how to play the bass, and so he joined Shaun and the team in the studio this morning. The resulting rock school tutorial (with the nicest man in pop) was hilarious and saw Matt apparently quickly learning to play the slap bass. This video proves it was indeed all Mark!
Available since: Thu 12 Jul 2012
The very best of the week's audio and video clips from BBC Radio 6 Music.
More clips from Shaun Keaveny
- Drenge chat to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 19:30 Drenge in the studio
- Bill Hicks' brother Steve Hicks Duration: 16:59 Earworms, Please!
- Nick Frost chats to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 15:40 Nick Frost joins Shaun in the studio
- Comedian Nick Helm chats to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 11:44 Nick Helm joins Shaun
- Album of the Year: AM by Arctic Monkeys Duration: 08:16 Matt Helders (The Arctic Monkeys) with Chris Hawkins