Cook the Perfect...Simnel Cake with Mary Berry
Queen of baking Mary Berry joins Jane in the Woman’s Hour studio to talk about Simnel Cake. Now associated with Easter, it was originally made for Mothering Sunday, the fourth Sunday in Lent. They discuss the best recipe, the history and the variety of fun ways to decorate this popular cake.
Available since: Mon 9 Jul 2012
Cooks, chefs and recipes.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders - solo after more than 35 years Duration: 10:31 Chrissie Hynde; Author Kathy Reichs
- Kate Hudson on family and forgiveness Duration: 00:52 Kate Hudson; Maternity Care; Enid Blyton; Women Against Fundamentalism
- Han-Na Chang: playing the notes is the least important thing Duration: 01:40 Nigeria; Introducing new siblings; Tom Kerridge
- Tom Kerridge Duration: 12:05 Nigeria; Introducing new siblings; Tom Kerridge
- Erica Jong Duration: 05:57