Cook the Perfect...Madeleines with Michael Vanheste
There can be no other cake to rival it for literary pedigree. As part of our Cook the Perfect series, we focus on the Madeleine, the little cake made famous by Marcel Proust in his novel ‘In Search of Lost Time’. Jenni talks to Michael VanHeste from Betty's Cookery School in Harrogate and to Barbara Lebrun, Lecturer in French Studies at University of Manchester.
Available since: Mon 9 Jul 2012
Cooks, chefs and recipes.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Ursula Le Guin Duration: 10:33 Ursula Le Guin
- Men Who Sell Sex Duration: 12:15 Claire Goose; Dalits; Maria Miller
- Prostitution Laws – An International Perspective Duration: 11:25 Michelle Collins; Sheila Jeffreys on prostitution; Grand National
- Prostitution – The Political Debate Duration: 09:17 Marlene Dietrich; Sex lives in the Arab world; Prostitution - the political debate
- Men Who Pay for Sex Duration: 12:38 Men who pay for sex; Food writer Diana Henry; MEP Nikki Sinclaire; Music in offices