Cook the Perfect...Madeleines with Michael Vanheste
There can be no other cake to rival it for literary pedigree. As part of our Cook the Perfect series, we focus on the Madeleine, the little cake made famous by Marcel Proust in his novel ‘In Search of Lost Time’. Jenni talks to Michael VanHeste from Betty's Cookery School in Harrogate and to Barbara Lebrun, Lecturer in French Studies at University of Manchester.
Available since: Mon 9 Jul 2012
Cooks, chefs and recipes.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Dame Maude McCarthy Duration: 09:06 Jackie Kay, Drug Mules, Dame Maud McCarthy, Gender Pay Gap
- 'Helen' on what it's like losing children into care Duration: 01:23 Sharing holidays; Commonwealth sportswomen; Supporting mothers when children end up in care
- Nadine Gordimer Duration: 11:04 Weekend Woman's Hour
- Social Kissing Duration: 02:28 Women bishops; Schools and mental health; Parks; Social kissing
- Introverts and Extroverts Duration: 05:21 Caroline Criado-Perez, Laura Bates, Allegra McEvedy's perfect hangover food