Cook the Perfect...Carrot Cake with Geraldene Holt
We Cook the Perfect… frosted carrot cake with Geraldene Holt whose 30-year old classic book Cake Stall has been recently updated. Carrots were used to sweeten cakes at a time when sugar was something only the rich could afford. Now popular as a healthier option, we’ll find out how to adapt this family favourite recipe to your personal taste.
Available since: Wed 4 Jul 2012
This clip is from
Taking other people's kids on holiday, cook the perfect... frosted carrot cake, Twitter.
First broadcast: 20 Jul 2011
Cooks, chefs and recipes.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Hillary Clinton: ‘I want to see a woman in the White House’ Duration: 00:43 Hillary Clinton
- Mindfulness: "A way of connecting with and seeing clearly what's happening in our life." Duration: 11:27 Kirsty Wark on misogyny; Nazneen Rahman; Mindfulness
- Rachel Kelly and the healing power of poetry Duration: 06:03 Cressida Cowell; Young Foster Carers; Battle of Orgreave
- Arianna Huffington: "We shouldn’t just compete for the top jobs we should redefine the way the world of work is functioning." Duration: 09:37 Arianna Huffington, tutoring, African fashion week
- Brené Brown: "We either learn what vulnerability is and how we lean into it or we spend our lives running from it." Duration: 07:44 Sigrid Rausing, Brene Brown