Traffic stops play or play stops traffic?
Local communities are being encouraged to apply for permission to close some residential roads on a regular basis to allow children to play safely in the street.
The successful spread of street parties this summer is being held up as an example of how closing roads helps people to meet their neighbours and children to become healthier and more sociable.
John Maguire reports from one road where playing out has become part of normal life.
Available since: Tue 3 Jul 2012
More clips from 03/07/2012
More clips from Breakfast
- Hogwarts to Afghanistan: Matthew Lewis joins the ranks of Bluestone 42 Duration: 08:16 20/12/2013
- Dan Snow explores the great unknown Duration: 08:15 20/12/2013
- When Charlie upset Ben Stiller about the length of his legs Duration: 06:40 20/12/2013
- Mission to map the stars Duration: 05:12 19/12/2013
- Celebrating 100 years of the crossword Duration: 05:08 19/12/2013