Traffic stops play or play stops traffic?
Local communities are being encouraged to apply for permission to close some residential roads on a regular basis to allow children to play safely in the street.
The successful spread of street parties this summer is being held up as an example of how closing roads helps people to meet their neighbours and children to become healthier and more sociable.
John Maguire reports from one road where playing out has become part of normal life.
Available since: Tue 3 Jul 2012
More clips from 03/07/2012
More clips from Breakfast
- Glee’s Mr Schuester talks Broadway and Breakfast Duration: 06:46 19/06/2013
- Life at Ashworth hospital for Moors murderer, Ian Brady Duration: 04:05 19/06/2013
- Beats on Breakfast: Matthew Morrison Duration: 01:57 19/06/2013
- Crime writing duo try to re-create the real thing in new novel Duration: 07:53 19/06/2013
- Smack the Pony making a return? Actress, Doon MacKichan tells all Duration: 06:56