Traffic stops play or play stops traffic?
Local communities are being encouraged to apply for permission to close some residential roads on a regular basis to allow children to play safely in the street.
The successful spread of street parties this summer is being held up as an example of how closing roads helps people to meet their neighbours and children to become healthier and more sociable.
John Maguire reports from one road where playing out has become part of normal life.
Available since: Tue 3 Jul 2012
More clips from 03/07/2012
More clips from Breakfast
- Marion Cotillard on coping with emotionally demanding roles Duration: 06:51 14/08/2014
- Michael Vaughan and Mike Bushell take a Tumble Duration: 01:48 14/08/2014
- Ansel Elgort on The Fault in Our Stars Duration: 07:00 17/06/2014
- BBC Breakfast gets Happy! Duration: 02:41 28/05/2014
- Behind the scenes at the Chelsea Flower Show Duration: 00:48 19/05/2014