Nadia Comaneci reaches perfection
In one 20 second exercise on the beam, 14 year old Nadia Comaneci made history at the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
Comaneci performed with beauty and artistry, bravery and daring. But also with breathtaking technical perfection. This persuaded the judging panel to award her the first ever ten out of ten seen in the Olympics.
Available since: Fri 29 Jun 2012
This clip is from
2/4 A look at the gymnasts who push their sport to greater and greater levels of difficulty.
First broadcast: 10 Jul 2012
More clips from Stories of the Olympic Games: Gymnastics
More clips from Faster, Higher, Stronger
- Dawn Fraser - the 20th Century's greatest freestyler Duration: 00:23 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- Mark Spitz going for gold in Munich Duration: 05:41 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- David Wilkie takes on the USA Duration: 01:46 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- Olga Korbut charms the world Duration: 06:23 Stories of the Olympic Games: Gymnastics
- Seb Coe makes Olympic history Duration: 03:02 Stories of the Olympic Games: 1500 Metres