Carl Lewis - the master finisher
In front of a packed Los Angeles Coliseum Carl Lewis won the 1984 100m final with a sprint of beautiful efficiency.
In this race Lewis appeared to defy the laws of sprinting. Especially the one that states that as you reach the line you slow down. Watch Lewis as he reaches the finishing line - he seems to be speeding up.
Available since: Fri 29 Jun 2012
This clip is from
1/4 A look at how the Olympic 100 metres final continues to be run faster and faster.
First broadcast: 09 Jul 2012
More clips from Stories of the Olympic Games: 100 Metres
More clips from Faster, Higher, Stronger
- Dawn Fraser - the 20th Century's greatest freestyler Duration: 00:23 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- Mark Spitz going for gold in Munich Duration: 05:41 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- David Wilkie takes on the USA Duration: 01:46 Stories of the Olympic Games: Swimming
- Olga Korbut charms the world Duration: 06:23 Stories of the Olympic Games: Gymnastics
- Seb Coe makes Olympic history Duration: 03:02 Stories of the Olympic Games: 1500 Metres