Debut Festivals: Nova
Next week the former founders of the Big Chill Festival will open the gates for the first time as a new event, called Nova, finally gets underway. This year there's a been a marked decrease in the sale of tickets to festivals - the economy and events like the Olympics have been sighted as possible reasons why. Rob Da Bank, who runs Bestival, recently claimed that the smaller festivals offering an alternative experience will be more successful in the years to come. Katrina Larkin and Victoria Burns, the partnership behind Nova, have described their event as 'a re-imagining of the great British festival experience' targeting a more arts inspired crowd – headline slots come from Ghost Poet, Fionn Regan and Fink. Katrina Larkin gives 6 Music News an insight into what it’s like starting a new festival in 2012.
Available since: Wed 27 Jun 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07