Cook the Perfect...Meatballs with Maria Elia
Inspired by her experience cooking in her Greek Cypriot father's restaurant, Maria Elia always had her heart set on becoming a chef. After a rigorous apprenticeship, Maria took positions in a wide range of restaurants and cookery schools in the UK and abroad including Bangkok’s Oriental Cooking School, El Bulli in Spain, London's Delfina restaurant and the Whitechapel Gallery. She is now Executive Chef of Joe’s in Kensington. She was voted one of the Top 10 Female Chefs by the Independent.
She joins Jenni to cook her version of the perfect meatballs. A childhood favourite, her version is Cosy Lamb Meatballs, combined with a hint of spice, and gently cooked with Dino's Greek pea and tomato sauce, which she likes to served with mashed potatoes.
Available since: Tue 19 Jun 2012
This clip is from
Facial fillers - should women be worried? CSA charges; Saudi campaign for women's rights.
First broadcast: 05 Jan 2012
Cooks, chefs and recipes.
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Dame Maude McCarthy Duration: 09:06 Jackie Kay, Drug Mules, Dame Maud McCarthy, Gender Pay Gap
- 'Helen' on what it's like losing children into care Duration: 01:23 Sharing holidays; Commonwealth sportswomen; Supporting mothers when children end up in care
- Nadine Gordimer Duration: 11:04 Weekend Woman's Hour
- Social Kissing Duration: 02:28 Women bishops; Schools and mental health; Parks; Social kissing
- Introverts and Extroverts Duration: 05:21 Caroline Criado-Perez, Laura Bates, Allegra McEvedy's perfect hangover food