How a single mum took on a gang
Mimi Asher is a single mother who took on a notorious local gang threatening to destroy her family.
She told Andrew Hosken that she was "really desperate" to save her son Michael who was involved in the gang.
"I knew that either he would end up dead or in prison and I couldn't live with that," she said.
Karl Loko, the former leader of the Organised Crime gang on the Myatt's Field estate, told Andrew Hosken that he was "in love with the culture" of gangs.
"There's more of a romance behind joining a gang. You get more self-esteem, you have a purpose, you feel needed" he said.
Available since: Thu 14 Jun 2012
More clips from Today
- Missing plane 'followed deliberate sequence' Duration: 03:11 17/03/2014
- Scientists 'expect' echoes of Big Bang Duration: 02:10 17/03/2014
- Tony Benn: My political career Duration: 07:40 14/03/2014
- Beckett: Tony Benn 'opened people's eyes' Duration: 04:32 14/03/2014
- Famous Thatcher speech turned into rap Duration: 00:49 13/03/2014