An incredible story
Zdenka Fantlova survived near starvation, death marches and forced labour in Nazi concentration camps.
Seventy years ago this week a young man made a ring out of tin and gave it to his girlfriend Zdenka. Soon after the pair were parted and never saw each other again.
Zdenka wrote a powerful and harrowing book called The Tin Ring about her experiences which will be turned into a stage drama.
The book the Tin Ring is available and the play of the book will premiere at The Lowry in Salford in September.
Available since: Thu 14 Jun 2012
More clips from 14/06/2012
More clips from Breakfast
- Marion Cotillard on coping with emotionally demanding roles Duration: 06:51 14/08/2014
- Michael Vaughan and Mike Bushell take a Tumble Duration: 01:48 14/08/2014
- Ansel Elgort on The Fault in Our Stars Duration: 07:00 17/06/2014
- BBC Breakfast gets Happy! Duration: 02:41 28/05/2014
- Behind the scenes at the Chelsea Flower Show Duration: 00:48 19/05/2014