The lead singer of The Invisible, Dave Okumu, who was hospitalised after suffering a life threatening electric shock on stage, has spoken to 6 Music about his ordeal.
It happened while the trio were performing at a show in Lagos in Nigeria last week with King Sunny Adé. They were about to begin the 3rd song when David took hold of a second guitar and was instantly struck by over 240 volts.
An investigation into exactly what happened is continuing but David is back in the UK still recovering with a broken leg.
The band, nominated for the Mercury Prize in 2009, cancelled all their gigs, but will still release their second album Rispah on 11 June.
Available since: Thu 31 May 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07