Seamus Heaney explains why James Joyce's Ulysses would be his choice of desert island reading.
In this clip from the Desert Island Discs archive, Seamus Heaney explains why James Joyce's Ulysses would be his choice of reading on his desert island.
Available since: Sat 16 Jun 2012
This clip is from
James Joyce's Ulysses dramatised by Robin Brooks. Introduced by Mark Lawson.
Well-known figures share their reactions to Ulysses - the book's meaning and significance.
More clips from James Joyce's Ulysses
- Andrew Scott who plays Stephen Dedalus describes James Joyce’s Ulysses Duration: 02:38
- TV trail for Bloomsday Duration: 00:30
- Henry Goodman who plays Leopold Bloom describes James Joyce’s Duration: 01:49
- Niamh Cusack who plays Molly Bloom describes James Joyce’s Ulysses Duration: 02:08
- Producer Jeremy Mortimer describes how the radio dramatisation gave him a new insight into the book Duration: 02:19