Stone Roses New Psychadelic Pop
Stone Roses biographer and music journalist John Robb has confirmed that Stone Roses have written new material.
Robb said: ‘I have bumped into Ian Brown a couple of times and he said they have new songs. And they’ve signed a two album record deal so you’d kind of figure that they do have new stuff. Ian Brown described them to me as psychedelic pop songs. And people I’ve spoken to who have been in the rehearsal room say that the new stuff does sound really good.”
Reni also told John Robb, months ago, that he had written new material: "At the press conference I spoke to Reni who said he had new songs but he wasn’t sure if they’d make it onto the album. When Ian and John first met for the first time after the funeral [Mani’s mother’s funeral where the band’s reunion is rumoured to have started] they… started writing songs and those songs were given to Reni and that is what persuaded Reni that he wanted to go back with the Stone Roses because the new songs sounded so good.”
John Robb spoke to 6 Music’s Elizabeth Alker.
Available since: Wed 23 May 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07