Mothers and marriage: Flavia and Afshan
Nineteen-year-old Afshan has left her traditional Muslim home in Manchester for university in London. But her mother Flavia isn't happy that she's also left behind all plans for an arranged marriage.
Available since: Fri 4 May 2012
This clip is from
Capturing the nation in conversation, curated and archived by the British Library.
More clips from The Listening Project
- Tommy and Rhys - Knowing Your Own Mind Duration: 03:51
- Jan and Ama - More Than Just Hair Duration: 02:37 Sunday Edition - Women Dealing with Life
- Andy and Wyn - From Cared For to Carer Duration: 03:46
- Richard and Manu - From the Street to the Kitchen Duration: 03:49
- Andy and Wyn - Art Saved My Life Duration: 03:38