Chichester Festival Theatre at 50
In the year Chichester Festival Theatre celebrates its 50th anniversary, it's also currently enjoying an unprecedented run of productions transferring to London's West End.
This Friday Night Is Music Night interval feature examines exactly what sets Chichester apart from other regional theatres, looks at how Artistic Director Jonathan Church has turned around its fortunes and seeks the truth about the notorious Chichester audiences.
Included are brand new interviews from past luminaries such as Penelope Keith, Patrick Stewart and Michael Ball, and the feature is narrated by Patricia Hodge, who made the first of her several appearances at the festival back in 1981.
Available since: Thu 3 May 2012
This clip is from
Julian Ovenden and Laura Wright take to the stage at the Chichester Festival Theatre.
First broadcast: 27 Apr 2012
The best clips from Radio 2
More clips from Friday Night is Music Night
- The Dambusters Theme Live Duration: 02:25 The Dambusters 70 Years On
- The Military Wives Choir perform Wherever You Are Duration: 02:59 The Dambusters 70 Years On
- Gabrielle Aplin sings Underneath The Stars Duration: 03:06 The Dambusters 70 Years On
- Jacqui Dankworth sings A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square Duration: 04:09 The Dambusters 70 Years On
- Idina Menzel - Live Concert Duration: 19:35 Idina Menzel