Chichester Festival Theatre at 50
In the year Chichester Festival Theatre celebrates its 50th anniversary, it's also currently enjoying an unprecedented run of productions transferring to London's West End.
This Friday Night Is Music Night interval feature examines exactly what sets Chichester apart from other regional theatres, looks at how Artistic Director Jonathan Church has turned around its fortunes and seeks the truth about the notorious Chichester audiences.
Included are brand new interviews from past luminaries such as Penelope Keith, Patrick Stewart and Michael Ball, and the feature is narrated by Patricia Hodge, who made the first of her several appearances at the festival back in 1981.
Available since: Thu 3 May 2012
This clip is from
Julian Ovenden and Laura Wright take to the stage at the Chichester Festival Theatre.
First broadcast: 27 Apr 2012
The best clips from Radio 2
More clips from Friday Night is Music Night
- Michael Xavier and Rosalie Craig on Radio 2's musical tribute to America Duration: 02:56 Independence Day
- The BBC Concert Orchestra rehearsal - in just 20 seconds Duration: 00:51 Independence Day
- Friday Night is Tony Blackburn Night! Duration: 02:34 Tony Blackburn Special
- Behind the scenes at Radio 2's special D-Day concert Duration: 06:14 D-Day 70 Years On
- Shakespeare's Henry V read by The Duke of Cambridge & veterans Duration: 01:09 D-Day 70 Years On