BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Woodwind Final
Clemency Burton-Hill presents highlights of the BBC Young Musician 2012 category finals from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff, with behind-the-scenes access, profiles and performance from the finalists and all the latest news. With the keyboard, brass and strings winners already decided and through to the semi-final, the competition is hotting up and just two places are left up for grabs.
In the woodwind category final, five different instruments are represented: those more commonly seen at this stage of the competition such as the clarinet, played by Jordan Black, and the flute, played by Luke O'Toole, along with those less familiar - the saxophone, played by Lucinda Dunne, and bassoon, played by Charlotte Cox. Finally, making BBC Young Musician history, the recorder - played by Charlotte Barbour-Condini - makes an appearance for the first time in 12 years.
Only one of them can win through to the semi-final, with that all-important chance of a place in the final on May 13th at the Sage, Gateshead and a shot at the title of BBC Young Musician 2012.
Available since: Tue 1 May 2012
- Series Producer
- Ryan Minchin
- Series Editor
- Paul Bullock
- Clemency Burton-Hill
- Martyn Steven
- Martyn Steven
More clips from BBC Young Musician
- BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Semi-Final Duration: 00:53 2012, Semi-Final
- BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Percussion Final Duration: 00:32 2012, Percussion Final
- BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Strings Final Duration: 00:33 2012, Strings Final
- BBC Young Musician Duration: 01:41
- BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Brass Final Duration: 00:46 2012, Brass Final