BBC Young Musician: 2012 - Woodwind Final
Clemency Burton-Hill presents highlights of the BBC Young Musician 2012 category finals from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff, with behind-the-scenes access, profiles and performance from the finalists and all the latest news. With the keyboard, brass and strings winners already decided and through to the semi-final, the competition is hotting up and just two places are left up for grabs.
In the woodwind category final, five different instruments are represented: those more commonly seen at this stage of the competition such as the clarinet, played by Jordan Black, and the flute, played by Luke O'Toole, along with those less familiar - the saxophone, played by Lucinda Dunne, and bassoon, played by Charlotte Cox. Finally, making BBC Young Musician history, the recorder - played by Charlotte Barbour-Condini - makes an appearance for the first time in 12 years.
Only one of them can win through to the semi-final, with that all-important chance of a place in the final on May 13th at the Sage, Gateshead and a shot at the title of BBC Young Musician 2012.
Available since: Tue 1 May 2012
- Series Producer
- Ryan Minchin
- Series Editor
- Paul Bullock
- Clemency Burton-Hill
- Martyn Steven
- Martyn Steven
More clips from BBC Young Musician
- Martin James Bartlett performs Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninov for the BBC Young Musician 2014 Final Duration: 26:10
- Sophie Westbrooke performs Suite for Recorder by Gordon Jacobs (arr. David Knotts) for the BBC Young Musician 2014 Final Duration: 22:15
- Elliott Gaston-Ross performs African Sunrise / Manhattan Rave by Dave Heath for the BBC Young Musician 2014 Final Duration: 25:44
- Tom Smith plays Michael Brecker's tune "Delta City Blues" for the BBC Young Musician 2014 Jazz Award Final Duration: 04:00
- Tom Smith plays his own tune "No Comment" for the BBC Young Musician 2014 Jazz Award Final Duration: 04:15