Simon Reeve goes pole and line fishing in the Maldives,
Simon goes pole and line fishing in the Maldives with a group of local fishermen, for the BBC Two Series ‘Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve’. He learns that the islanders are championing this sustainable way of catching fish which is far more environmentally friendly than industrial trawling.
Available since: Thu 26 Apr 2012
This clip is from
Simon Reeve travels from Oman to the Maldives via Mumbai, the Indian Ocean's biggest port.
First broadcast: 20 May 2012
More clips from Oman to the Maldives
More clips from Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve
- Simon Reeve meets the endangered Javan Slow Loris Duration: 02:59 Indonesia to Australia
- Coconut Toddy Duration: 02:20 Sri Lanka to Bangladesh
- Simon Reeve with the Lemurs of Madagascar Duration: 02:18 Madagascar to the Seychelles
- Simon Reeve visits an island of rubbish Duration: 02:52 Oman to the Maldives
- Simon Reeve accompanies a group to see the ocean for the first time Duration: 03:04 Kenya and the Horn of Africa