Simon Reeve visits an island of rubbish
On his journey for BBC Two series ‘Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve’, Simon discovers where the Maldives dumps its rubbish. Twenty years ago this was a coral island but now up to 300 tonnes of trash are shipped here every day. Environmentalists are worried that the toxins here are seeping into the sea.
Available since: Thu 26 Apr 2012
This clip is from
Simon Reeve travels from Oman to the Maldives via Mumbai, the Indian Ocean's biggest port.
First broadcast: 20 May 2012
More clips from Oman to the Maldives
More clips from Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve
- Simon Reeve meets the endangered Javan Slow Loris Duration: 02:59 Indonesia to Australia
- Coconut Toddy Duration: 02:20 Sri Lanka to Bangladesh
- Simon Reeve with the Lemurs of Madagascar Duration: 02:18 Madagascar to the Seychelles
- Simon Reeve accompanies a group to see the ocean for the first time Duration: 03:04 Kenya and the Horn of Africa
- Simon Reeve swims with the Manta rays Duration: 01:59 Oman to the Maldives