Simon Reeve in Mogadishu
For the BBC Two series ‘Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve’, Simon visits the Somali capital Mogadishu where he meets the UN-backed peacekeeping force AMISOM who are locked in a bitter war with the Islamic militant group Al Shabaab.
Simon dodges bullets on the frontline and speaks to AMISOM representative Lieutenant Colonel Paddy Ankunda, about the huge challenge ahead in securing the country.
Available since: Thu 26 Apr 2012
This clip is from
Simon Reeve visits Mogadishu in Somalia while travelling around the Indian Ocean.
First broadcast: 13 May 2012
More clips from Kenya and the Horn of Africa
More clips from Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve
- Simon Reeve meets the endangered Javan Slow Loris Duration: 02:59 Indonesia to Australia
- Coconut Toddy Duration: 02:20 Sri Lanka to Bangladesh
- Simon Reeve with the Lemurs of Madagascar Duration: 02:18 Madagascar to the Seychelles
- Simon Reeve visits an island of rubbish Duration: 02:52 Oman to the Maldives
- Simon Reeve accompanies a group to see the ocean for the first time Duration: 03:04 Kenya and the Horn of Africa