Simon Reeve accompanies a group to see the ocean for the first time
On his journey for BBC Two series ‘Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve’ Simon visits Somaliland, a country to the north of Somalia which, despite not being recognised internationally as an independent country, enjoys relative peace from the violence and piracy plaguing its neighbour.
Simon learns about a local project which offers support and education to young men who might otherwise be tempted to join the militias. Today they are on an outing to the Indian Ocean, which for many of them is their first trip to the seaside.
Available since: Thu 26 Apr 2012
This clip is from
Simon Reeve visits Mogadishu in Somalia while travelling around the Indian Ocean.
First broadcast: 13 May 2012
More clips from Kenya and the Horn of Africa
More clips from Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve
- Simon Reeve meets the endangered Javan Slow Loris Duration: 02:59 Indonesia to Australia
- Coconut Toddy Duration: 02:20 Sri Lanka to Bangladesh
- Simon Reeve with the Lemurs of Madagascar Duration: 02:18 Madagascar to the Seychelles
- Simon Reeve visits an island of rubbish Duration: 02:52 Oman to the Maldives
- Simon Reeve swims with the Manta rays Duration: 01:59 Oman to the Maldives