Story of Dubstep Part 1
The definitive story of dubstep from underground scene to global phenomenon, featuring the likes of Skream, Benga, Artwork, Hatcha, Flux Pavillion, Skrillex and Sub Focus.
In Part 1, MistaJam explores the roots of the genre from a handful of pioneers in Croydon in the late 90s up to 2005 and the start of the seminal club night DMZ in Brixton.
Available since: Tue 17 Apr 2012
These are the hottest dubstep mixes and performances from DJs and guests across the BBC.
More clips from Generation Bass
More clips from BBC Radio 1's Stories
- Gemma Cairney gets some Olympic-style inspiration Duration: 01:25 Inspiration Generation
- Popjustice's advertising advice for Union J, Daft Punk and Lewis Watson Duration: 02:38 Selling Out?
- Zane Lowe presents Loud Wars for Radio 1's Stories Duration: 01:27 Loud Wars
- 20 Years of Sonar Duration: 59:59
- Nick Grimshaw gets wrapped Duration: 01:53 The Interns Takeover!