Drayson: People could 'suffer and die' if animal rights protestors get their way
Nicky speaks to Alistair Currie from the animal rights group PETA and former Science Minister Lord Drayson about the future of animal testing in the UK.
All the UK's main ferry operators, along with Eurotunnel, now refuse to bring animals into the country if they're going to be used for medical research, and there are growing concerns in the research industry that all airlines soon follow suit.
Available since: Wed 14 Mar 2012
More clips from 5 live Breakfast
- Will wakeboarding make waves at the 2020 games? Duration: 02:59 20/05/2013
- Type 2 diabetes expert: "We're a nation of lazy porkers" Duration: 03:17 17/05/2013
- Andy Murray's mum tells of her two sons' childhood games Duration: 01:49 16/05/2013
- “People don’t believe” David Cameron EU referendum promise Duration: 02:06 16/05/2013
- Chief Constable apologises over Oxford grooming case Duration: 04:39 Your Call, 15/05/2013