Sky scrapers and silky sifakas
Desire is a forest guide and used the money he made guiding to buy forested land, which has now become his own small nature reserve. He’s named it Antanetiambo ("on the high hill"). He’s been honoured with the prestigious international Seacology Prize for Conservation – and to receive it he travelled outside Madagascar for the first time.
Available since: Mon 12 Mar 2012
- Desire Rabary
- Tuppence Stone
This clip is from
10/13 Documentary investigating a link between lemurs, illegal logging and expensive guitars.
First broadcast: 15 Mar 2012
More clips from Madagascar, Lemurs and Spies
More clips from Natural World
- Vulture vs Jackal Duration: 01:52 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Vulture feeding frenzy Duration: 01:12 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Peck the hand that feeds Duration: 02:19 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface Duration: 02:12 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface
- Killer Whale Society Duration: 02:17 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface