Elizabeth I and the death of Mary Queen of Scots
Sir John Neale describes one of the most difficult dilemmas of Elizabeth I's reign - the decision of whether to sign Mary Queen of Scots' death warrant.
An archive clip from 13th January 1957.
Available since: Fri 9 Mar 2012
This clip is from
Will Gompertz examines objects in the Royal Collection that define the British monarchy.
Art of Monarchy - Friend or Foe - Highlights from the Radio 4 collections
More clips from The Art of Monarchy
- The Art of Monarchy - the first royal tours Duration: 02:40 Empire and Commonwealth
- We Elizabethans - The Importance of Marriage (2003) Duration: 02:52
- Charles II - Politics (1985) Duration: 03:37
- Sixty Years in Sixty Minutes - Prince Charles and Lady Diana's Wedding (1986) Duration: 01:20
- A Day of Celebration - Crowds at the Queen's Silver Jubilee (1977) Duration: 03:31