Director Josie Rourke
With Mark Lawson.
Josie Rourke, artistic director of the Donmar Warehouse theatre, discusses her choice of first production, the lack of women running theatres despite a plenitude of acclaimed female directors and whether she's brought a woman's eye to the venue.
Producer Philippa Ritchie.
Photo by Hugo Glendinning
Available since: Wed 7 Mar 2012
This clip is from
Mark Lawson interviews director Josie Rourke; conductor Alan Gilbert; artistic friendships
First broadcast: 16 Feb 2012
Actors, Directors, Playwrights
More clips from Front Row
- Ian Rankin: "I've cheated in this book" Duration: 02:48
- Russell Brand: 'I'm calling for huge civil disobedience' Duration: 01:12 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- 'I've reconsidered the sexual liberation component of my show' Duration: 04:36 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- Terry Jones' Cultural Exchange Duration: 08:43
- Forest Whitaker on playing The Butler Duration: 02:51 Donna Tartt; Forest Whitaker