Mayo's Screaming Jelly Baby!
Simon Mayo's in the lab with a listener whose science experiments have a habit of going haywire...
Dr Jonathan Speed wrote in to Simon and the team, to confess that a science experiment he performed for kids, the "Screaming Jelly Baby", took an explosive turn when a lack of small sugary figures forced him to use a much larger sugar covered snake. Let's just say it was a good job he asked the students to sit three rows back.
Dr Speed invited Simon and regular drivetime sports news reader Matt Williams to University College London to see how the experiment should be done - and as an encore he shows us how he makes 'Elephant's Toothpaste'.
These experiments have been performed in carefully controlled laboratory conditions using an expert, and under no circumstances should you try them at home.
Available since: Thu 2 Feb 2012
More clips from Simon Mayo Drivetime
- Sally's in-car exercise extravaganza! Duration: 02:24 Book Club featuring Keir Alexander
- Mary Berry Duration: 01:38 With the Queen of Baking, Mary Berry
- Nigel Barden flipping a pancake live in the Drivetime studio Duration: 00:16 Pancake Day with Nigel Barden
- Suzanne Vega plays live backstage for Simon Mayo at the Radio 2 Folk Awards Duration: 03:15 Live from the Radio 2 Folk Awards
- James Blunt and Simon Mayo Duration: 00:55 With James Blunt