Best thing since sliced bread
The sandwich is the ultimate convenience food and backbone of any packed lunch.
With over 11 billion butties consumed in Blighty each year, the simple sandwich is an invention us Brits can be proud of. So who invented such a versatile snack and why was it created?
Available since: Wed 14 Dec 2011
- Series Producer
- Karen Plumb
- Si King
- Dave Myers
- Executive Producer
- Pete Lawrence
This clip is from
24/30 High tea is a truly British invention, and the bikers can't resist a mid-afternoon snack.
First broadcast: 15 Dec 2011
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food