Salt is often used as a preservative but do you know the real foodie pros and cons of this essential mineral?
Discover the journey of one of the world’s oldest food flavourings, from a history rich in taxes, power and status to being used as an everyday kitchen ingredient.
Available since: Tue 13 Dec 2011
- Series Producer
- Karen Plumb
- Si King
- Dave Myers
- Executive Producer
- Pete Lawrence
This clip is from
23/30 The duo explore the origins of Britain's favourite spices and visit a chilli festival.
First broadcast: 14 Dec 2011
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food