Spice up your life
Get fired up and take a look at the history behind the 3-billion pound industry of the Indian takeaway.
Follow the spicy trail from new flavours of Georgian times to the first Indian restaurant opening in London in 1810 - and what was Queen Victoria’s favourite curry?
Available since: Fri 9 Dec 2011
- Series Producer
- Karen Plumb
- Si King
- Dave Myers
- Executive Producer
- Pete Lawrence
This clip is from
19/30 The duo explore how Britain's love affair with takeaway food has evolved.
First broadcast: 10 Dec 2011
More clips from Hairy Bikers' Best of British
- Traditional simnel cake Duration: 06:29 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Pot roast beef brisket Duration: 06:23 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Fish cakes with parsley sauce Duration: 04:48 Series 2, Food and Religion
- Duck a l'orange Duration: 05:29 Series 2, 1960s
- Flat rib broth Duration: 06:31 Series 2, Comfort Food