Melissa & The Yard introduced by Lorraine Kelly
Lorraine Kelly tells us about Melissa and she has find friends and freedom at the Yard.
Melissa is 12 years old and, with her learning difficulties and Autism, she finds it difficult to find people that understand her and will play with her. Her mother fears that she will live a lonely life.
But thanks to the Yard Adventure Centre in Edinburgh Centre, and the money you have given to BBC Children in Need that supports it, she has found her best friends and independence.
Available since: Tue 6 Dec 2011
This clip is from
Supporting over 2,600 projects, working 365 days a year, all over the United Kingdom.
More clips from BBC Children in Need
- How farming helps vulnerable children Duration: 04:42
- Easy Fundraising with Pudsey Bear Duration: 01:10
- Terry Wogan's Gala Lunch and Auction for BBC Children in Need 2013 Duration: 09:34
- Cerrie from CBeebies visits our Jump up and Dance competition winning nursery! Duration: 01:31
- Misha B designs a cushion for BBC Children in Need Duration: 01:43