Jo Whiley arrives at Abbey Road Studios
Join Jo Whiley as she takes a look around Abbey Road Studios. Jo meets Colette and Jonathan who work at Abbey Road and they share stories and highlights from their time managing the most famous studios in the World.
This month, the world-famous Abbey Road studios celebrate their 80th anniversary. Jo Whiley presents a special show looking back at some of the Radio 2 concerts we've put on at Abbey Road.
Jo also looks back at the history of Abbey Road and talks to various people including music producers, engineers and musicians about their memories of the studios, and how studios are adapting to meet the future demands of the music industry.
Available since: Thu 24 Nov 2011
This clip is from
Jo Whiley celebrates the 80th anniversary of the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London
First broadcast: 24 Nov 2011
The best clips from Radio 2
More clips from 80th Anniversary of Abbey Road Studios
- Jo Whiley takes a look around Abbey Road Studio 1 Duration: 03:00
- Giles Martin shares some stories in Abbey Road Studio 2 Duration: 06:03
- Jo Whiley meets Abbey Road's microphone expert, Lester Smith . Duration: 06:33
- Jo Whiley takes a look around Abbey Road Studio 3. Duration: 04:36
- Jo Whiley meets Simon Gibson from Abbey Road Studios. Duration: 05:55