Calum MacCrimmon - Making When Birds Migrate
Piper Calum MacCrimmon talks about his piece 'When Birds Migrate'which looks at the commonality between Canada's Mi'kmaq tribes and the Scottish islanders who found new homes in Cape Breton during the 18th and 19th Centuries, as they prepare to survive the bitter Canadian winter.
A superb line-up of musicians perform the piece, including Calum on pipes and vocals, Fraser Fifield on kaval and whistle, Iain Sandilands on vibes and percussion, John Mulhearn on chanter and vocals, Robbie Ward on guitar and fiddle, and James Lindsay on bass.
Available since: Tue 22 Nov 2011
More clips from Mary Ann Kennedy's Global Gathering
- Martyn Bennett & Cuillin Music - Full Live Set Duration: 46:49 08/05/2012
- Laura-Beth Salter - Bonus Web Track Duration: 05:05
- Barry Reid Meall a' Bhuiridh - Mary Ann Kennedy's Global Gathering Duration: 21:32
- Salsa Celtica - Mary Ann Kennedy's Global Gathering session Duration: 27:25
- Adopted As Holograph - Global Gathering Session Duration: 18:14