To mark Armistice Day 2011 Patrick Burns talks to former Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth.
The Coventry North East MP says troops in armed combat today are benefitting from decisions made about their equipment when he was at the Ministry of Defence.
He was Secretary of State in the Labour government 2009-2010.
Available since: Fri 11 Nov 2011
- Jon Sopel
- Patrick Burns
More clips from 13/11/2011
More clips from The Politics Show West Midlands
- Midlands two-speed economy Duration: 03:49 11/12/2011
- Jaguar Land Rover "at start of great revival" Duration: 06:52 11/12/2011
- Boundary review fears for loss of 'identity' Duration: 03:39 04/12/2011
- Midlands strike action Duration: 03:21 04/12/2011
- Birmingham template for 20bn project funding Duration: 02:14 04/12/2011