Look Ahead: Nature's Masterpiece
Nature's Masterpiece: the mechanism of the human brain. An archive programme from 11 January 1949.
Written by Geoffrey Peters in consultation with J.T. Eayrs, with technical advice from Professor S. Zuckerman.
The programme includes a sequence of features illustrating the similarity of a brain war wound and leucotomy operation; an explanation of the human brain mechanism; developments and discoveries, and future possibilities.
Available since: Tue 1 Nov 2011
This clip is from
Dr Geoff Bunn journeys through 5,000 years of human understanding of the brain
More clips from A History of the Brain
- Einstein's Brain travels across America Duration: 02:40 Einstein's Brain
- Neuroscience's new frontiers (Picture: Wellcome Library, London) Duration: 02:07 Einstein's Brain
- Einstein the man, not the brain Duration: 01:47 Einstein's Brain
- The Cerebral Cortex (Picture: Wellcome Library, London) Duration: 01:08 All or Nothing
- Hans Berger invents the EEG Duration: 01:43 All or Nothing