The Bird Effect Ensemble - Interview with Marc Riley
Jimi Goodwin from The Bird Effect Ensemble talks to Marc Riley about the band and its aims.
Jimi Goodwin, him of Doves fame, pulls up a perch and does a live session tonight. Having been together for close to twenty-four years the Doves announced that they were going to take a break last year. Not being one to just sit around, Jimi has been busy working on some solo stuff with one Mr Garvey, as well as what he is here for tonight, new project Jimi Godwin & The Bird Effect Ensemble.
The Ghosts Of Gone Birds is an exhibition of originally commissioned artworks, literature and music from Sir Peter Blake, Jamie Hewlett, Jimi, and many more, all working to raise awareness for our feathered friends. Jimi's piece, The Bird Effect, has been written for documentary of the same name by Ceri Levy. Tonight is going to be a change from the norm for Mr Goodwin, and we're glad that he's here to play live for us and you.
Available since: Mon 7 Nov 2011
- Jimi Goodwin
More clips from Marc Riley
- Proper Ornaments in session for Marc Riley Duration: 12:31 Proper Ornaments
- The Nightingales in session for Marc Riley Duration: 17:52 The Nightingales
- Liz Green in session for Marc Riley Duration: 21:35 Liz Green
- Esben and the Witch in session for Marc Riley Duration: 20:11 Esben and the Witch
- Sweet Baboo in session for Marc Riley Duration: 21:49 Sweet Baboo