- Professor Jim Al-Khalili prepares to receive a quarter of a million volts of electricity! Duration: 03:23 The Age of Invention
- Dr Herbert Matare tells what happened when he discovered that he and Bell Labs had both invented the transistor Duration: 04:08 Revelations and Revolutions
- German WWII radar researcher Dr Herbert Matare tells of how he came to invent the transistor Duration: 03:18 Revelations and Revolutions
- Jim Al-Khalili demonstrates the famous 'photoelectric effect' Duration: 04:54 Revelations and Revolutions
- Jim Al-Khalili tells how Oliver Lodge came to be superseded by two of his followers Duration: 02:35 Revelations and Revolutions
- Jim Al-Khalili tells the story of Oliver Lodge's 1894 lecture that was to change the world. Duration: 02:57 Revelations and Revolutions
How many electric eels does it take to power a laptop?
Find out with The Open University's Spark It Up gameClick here to go to the Open University Page