Throat with a neat trick
By inflating their throats, Komodo dragons are able to eat up to 80% of their body weight in a single sitting.
Available since: Thu 18 Aug 2011
- Peter Capaldi
- Bryan Fry
- Stephen Dunleavy
- Executive Producer
- Chris Cole
This clip is from
4/13 Dr Bryan Fry uses hi-tech tools to uncover the true nature of the world's largest lizard.
First broadcast: 24 Aug 2011
Be captivated, informed and inspired by the world's wildlife.
More clips from Komodo - Secrets of the Dragon
More clips from Natural World
- Vulture vs Jackal Duration: 01:52 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Vulture feeding frenzy Duration: 01:12 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Peck the hand that feeds Duration: 02:19 2013-2014, Vultures: Beauty in the Beast
- Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface Duration: 02:12 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface
- Killer Whale Society Duration: 02:17 2013-2014, Killer Whales: Beneath the Surface