Behind The Scenes, Kawak Ijen Sulphur Mine
Producer Lucy Haken explains how a visit to the Kawah Ijen volcano in East Java, Indonesia was her highlight from filming the series.
We journey to the centre of the earth and drain the oceans to find out how the machine beneath our feet works, how it churns and affects life on the planet's surface.
Available since: Tue 26 Jul 2011
This clip is from
Exploring the machine at the centre of our planet and the ways it affects our lives.
More clips from Richard Hammond's Journey To...
- Behind The Scenes, Making A Virtual Earth Duration: 02:31
- Behind The Scenes With Richard Hammond Duration: 06:25 The Centre of the Planet
- The Mighty Zhemchug Duration: 01:36 The Bottom of the Ocean
- Go On A Journey To The Bottom of the Ocean Duration: 01:57 The Bottom of the Ocean
- Risking It On The Volcano's Edge Duration: 03:04 The Centre of the Planet