Dvorak: American String Quintet
The Skampa Quartet and viola player Garfield Jackson join Stephen Johnson in dissecting Dvorak's 'American' String Quintet Op. 97. Along with his Symphony No. 9 (From the New World) and the American String Quartet Op. 96, the String Quintet was a work Dvořák wrote during the 3 years he spent in the USA. The programme was recorded at the 2010 Lake District Summer Music Festival in Kendal.
The complete performance of the work has been removed for rights reasons.
Available since: Tue 5 Jul 2011
- Antonin Dvorak
This clip is from
Stephen Johnson explores Dvorak's American String Quintet.
First broadcast: 27 Mar 2011
More clips from Dvorak's American String Quintet
More clips from Discovering Music
- Sibelius: Symphony No. 5 Duration: 49:55 Sibelius's Fifth Symphony
- Arvo Part Choral Music Duration: 36:10 Arvo Pärt Choral Music
- John Adams: The Wound Dresser Duration: 31:01 John Adams: The Wound Dresser & Shaker Loops
- Wagner: Wesendonck Lieder Duration: 42:43 Wagner: Wesendonck Lieder (WWV. 91)
- Listening to Webern Duration: 43:39 Listening to Webern