Andrei Bondarenko - Final - Song 2
Baritone Andrei Bondarenko from Ukraine sings O Carlo, ascolta … Io morrò from Verdi’s Don Carlo in the 2011 BBC Cardiff Singer of the World final.
Don Carlo’s great friend Rodrigo, Marquis of Posa, visits him in the dungeons of the Inquisition to bid him farewell. Posa is carrying Don Carlo's papers, and is shot in the doorway of the cell. As he lays dying, he tells Carlo that he is happy to die, so that Carlo can continue his fight for Spain's liberty.
Available since: Mon 20 Jun 2011
- Series Producer
- Tony Followell
- Petroc Trelawny
- Nicole Cabell
- Joyce DiDonato
- Rhodri Huw
- Rhian Williams
- Executive Producer
- Paul Bullock
This clip is from
7/7 Petroc Trelawny presents the final of BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 2011.
First broadcast: 19 Jun 2011
More clips from Final
More clips from BBC Cardiff Singer of the World
- Luthando Qave, South Africa, concert two Duration: 04:38 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Mária Celeng, Hungary, concert two Duration: 05:38 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Gala El Hadidi, Egypt, concert two Duration: 03:57 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Loriana Castellano, Italy, concert two Duration: 06:18 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Alexey Bogdanchikov, Russia, concert two Duration: 07:05 2013, Concerts, Round 2