Andrei Bondarenko - Final - Song 1
Baritone Andrei Bondarenko from Ukraine sings Rivolgete a lui lo sguardo from Mozart’s Così fan tutte in the 2011 BBC Cardiff Singer of the World final.
This aria was originally written for Act 1 of Così fan tutte, but is normally replaced by ‘Non siate ritrosi’. It is sung by Guglielmo (with Ferrando in attendance) on their first attempt in disguise as 'Albanians' to woo each other's fiancées. He tries to impress the girls with their wondrous merits – claiming that they are handsome, rich, strong and excellent singers and dancers.
Available since: Mon 20 Jun 2011
- Series Producer
- Tony Followell
- Petroc Trelawny
- Nicole Cabell
- Joyce DiDonato
- Rhodri Huw
- Rhian Williams
- Executive Producer
- Paul Bullock
This clip is from
7/7 Petroc Trelawny presents the final of BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 2011.
First broadcast: 19 Jun 2011
More clips from Final
More clips from BBC Cardiff Singer of the World
- Luthando Qave, South Africa, concert two Duration: 04:38 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Mária Celeng, Hungary, concert two Duration: 05:38 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Gala El Hadidi, Egypt, concert two Duration: 03:57 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Loriana Castellano, Italy, concert two Duration: 06:18 2013, Concerts, Round 2
- Alexey Bogdanchikov, Russia, concert two Duration: 07:05 2013, Concerts, Round 2