Hye Jung Lee - Final - Song 2
Soprano Hye Jung Lee from South Korea sings A vos jeux, mes amis … Partagez-vous mes fleurs! from Ambroise Thomas’s Hamlet in the 2011 BBC Cardiff Singer of the World final.
Ophelia has gone mad and imagines herself married to Hamlet. She left the palace at dawn, when the lark was in the sky. She and Hamlet are bound by an oath of love, and if he has left her, she says, she will lose her mind. Share my flowers, she says, the rosemary and periwinkle. Then she recalls the tale of the Wilis, pale and fair, sleeping beneath the water. The Wilis are vengeful creatures of legend, ghosts of young women who died before their wedding day. She drowns herself in the lake.
Available since: Mon 20 Jun 2011
- Series Producer
- Tony Followell
- Petroc Trelawny
- Nicole Cabell
- Joyce DiDonato
- Rhodri Huw
- Rhian Williams
- Executive Producer
- Paul Bullock
This clip is from
Petroc Trelawny presents the final of BBC Cardiff Singer of the World 2011.
First broadcast: 19 Jun 2011
More clips from Final
More clips from BBC Cardiff Singer of the World
- Olena Tokar (Ukraine), The Final Duration: 04:31 2013, Concerts, The Final
- Daniela Mack (Argentina), The Final Duration: 06:46 2013, Concerts, The Final
- Marko Mimica (Croatia), The Final Duration: 07:28 2013, Concerts, The Final
- Teresa Romano (Italy), The Final Duration: 05:53 2013, Concerts, The Final
- Jamie Barton (USA), The Final Duration: 04:33 2013, Concerts, The Final